WA Art Gallery
The Art Gallery of Western Australia (AGWA) was founded in 1895 and has been through a number of physical transformations since it first opened. Polish architect Charles Sierakowski redesigned the building in 1979, establishing the venue as a Western Australian landmark.
The modernist building of the main gallery features a cast concrete spiral staircase and vistas across the nine gallery spaces that use a specific 120-degree angle to stimulate peripheral vision.
The gallery exhibits local WA talent, Australia-wide artists and international art. Public programs, artist talks, panel discussions, educational resources and major events support a year-round programme of diverse exhibitions.